Pages

Monday 29 June 2020

Matariki

Last week on Friday we had a Matariki celebration. Matariki presents the 7 sisters or the 7 stars. In Matariki you will be able to see the 7 stars. They are so special. Matariki is all about spending time with your Whanau ( family ). It is important because its the year of celebrating Maori new year.  The 7 stars names are,Matariki,Waitī,Waitā,Waipuna-ā-rangi,Tupu-ā-nuku,Tupu-ā-rangi,Ururangi,


My highlight from Friday was when me and Leylani baked the cupcakes and we learnt it so fast and we did a lot of cupcakes. My other highlight was when we had to make the stars with the paper it was confusing at first and then I made more and I even made some during lunch on Friday. My biggest highlight was the whole day it was so fun, we had a lot of fun making the food and it was just a great time on Friday.


Should New Zealand celebrate this?
Why?
For me I think New Zealand should celebrate this because its a special thing to Maoris and even if we aren't Maoris we should celebrate it with them to get to know Maori more and I should think us New Zealanders should celebrate this.


Little message to Mrs Tele'a: First I will like to thank Mrs Tele'a for preparing this for us we had a great time with you and I will also like to thank you for teaching me and Leylani to bake the cupcakes and without your great idea we wouldn't had have the great time on Friday and I thank you for everything you did for us on Friday.


1 comment:

  1. Malo faafetai le faasoa Zoe. Thank you too for being so helpful in what was a very short time to quickly back and prepare cupcakes for our group of 30. You and Leylani were a huge help! I hope you got to be reminded again of how if we work together doing all the little and big jobs, blessings happen!

    ReplyDelete