Pages

Friday 12 June 2020

Special Assembly- Mr Burt

Talofa lava reader. Today was a special Assembly, for our hard working principle. Today we celebrate the special award Mr Burt got weeks ago.His award was from the Queen. The award that our school gave him was different, the award we gave him was for The Best Principal In The World!! .Today we started off with our normal assembly in the morning, We sang the New Zealand anthem. Mrs Nua then went up and welcomed the special guests. They talked about Mr Burt and about his special award. The first person talked about the Queen calling Mr Burt just for a laugh, he then talked about his awards. Then Miss Samuels talked about how great Mr Burt is and how awesome he is. The little kids went up and gave him stuff like chocolate lays, cards and other stuff. We then sang a special song for him called ufiufi, a Samoan song that is special to all Samoans. The prefects then prayed for him and then after that the year 8s boys stood up and Miss Harea, they then did a special Haka from their hearts to Mr Burt's heart . Mr Burt then talked about how he's really really proud of us.Then we carried on with our normal assembly, like doing the certificates, lunch box heroes live and also sports and welcoming the new entrance kids. We then said our final prayer for the day. We then played the remix Mr Jacobson did and had a little dance.





Message to Mr Burt: First I want to thank you for everything you have done for me and my siblings throughout all the years they have been here and me too. I also like to thank you for everything you have done for my parents and also I want to thank you for helping our school and never giving up when you are at your lowest. I also want to thank you for always wanting to be here at school when you're sick and I also want to thank you so much for putting us in your prayers even though you weren’t here for us. I also want to thank you for everything you have done for me when I was a year 1 up to year 7 now. I also want to thank you for everything you have done throughout my siblings years being here too. Thank you for making camps,trips,beaches and other stuff happen for us even though it’s hard you still push through it. My biggest thank you is for you and Mrs Burt, thanks for being the best Principal ever and thank you for doing everything you guys can for us. Malo lava le galuege.

No comments:

Post a Comment