Pages

Friday 19 June 2020

Joseph Parker-Believe in yourself

Talofa lava and welcome back to my blog. Today we had our normal assembly in the mornings but there was something different about assembly. We had Joseph Parker at our school today. We started off with the Mihi and Karakia,we then sang the national anthem. Then we did the quiz about the Korero. Next we had the prefects present the new Korero to us.

After that we introduces Joseph Parker to speak. He played the guitar for us, he then told us about what hes been going through with his fighting and stuff. He then told us a important Korero, he said " Never give up and nothing beats hard work ". That was a really good Korero. What I learnt was to never give up and do it before its to late. He gave us some good things.

We then went off with the certificates, Joseph Parker and his sister Elizabeth stood up and shake the people who got an award. Then we moved onto lunch box hero, They picked out a name and said my name. I got a coconut for being picked out. Some of my other friends and class mate got some prizes too. Next we moved onto sports. They talked about what sports were on and so on. Then we moved onto a singing a song. A beautiful song about Matariki. Then after the song we welcome the new kids. After welcoming the new kids we went back to class. Some of the kids got to shake his hand and take photos with him.

What I wanted to ask him can he speak Samoan or what village is he from. I wanted to ask a lot of questions to Joseph Parker.

Message to Joseph Parker. Dear Joseph Parker thank you for coming to our school. We all loved you and we are all a TRUE FAN of you. Whenever your games come up my Dad always watches it us to. My dad always shouts when you knock out someone your you win. I just want to say that keep going with your boxing but if you stop it's OK because you will always be a star for Samoa and New Zealand. You have inspired everyone through out your boxing years. I love to see you play again and Thanks for everything.

Here are some photos of Joseph Parker and his sisters.



1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Zoe my name is Sauma,today I was scrolling threw your blog,which I saw this amazing awesome blog post,which was about Joseph Parker,I like how you did your story,of what had happen,it must of been fun,to see him at Pt England school,which what he liked to share,and I really like how you did commas,Keep Up The Awesome Work!
    From Sauma

    ReplyDelete