Pages

Wednesday 18 November 2020

Understanding Descriptive Language

 My wings were rasping like Polly's old bike pump when I reached the ridge and a blustery wind whipped my hair on end. Way below the horses looked like plastic toys under model trees. I'd never been so far away from houses or people, all alone. I slid my eyes along the ridge. The wind tore my yell from my mouth. It was my sister looking for me around the corner. She shouted my name when she saw my hair. She came running after me. I tripped on the rock and hurt my leg. She picked me up and walked towards the car. Then she drove home and had a talk with me. 


1. How does the writer say that the girl is puffed and tired? Because in the beginning it says her lungs were rasping like Polly's old bike pump. 

2. What words are used to describe the wind? Blustery 

3. What sentence tells you that she is high up the hill? I'd never been so far away from houses or people , all alone.

4. How does the writer tell us that she is afraid? The wind tore my yell from my mouth. 

5. (EXTRA) write the next 2 paragraphs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment